* Indonesia’s Palm Oil Association said on Monday that exports of the oil and its products reached 36.18m tonnes in 2019, the highest in the country’s history.
Exports were up 4.2% compared to 2018’s 34.17m tonnes.
The association said that Indonesia’s total output for 2019 included 47.1m tonnes of crude palm oil and 4.6m tonnes of palm kernel oil.
* Data from Indonesia’s trade office showed that January exports from Sumatra’s Lampung province fell 39% from December to 9,848.6 tonnes.
Exports were up 60% from a year ago.
* Ukraine’s APK-Inform said shipments of sunflower oil from seaports reached 2.025m tonnes so far for the 2019-20 season, up 59% from 2018-19’s 1.271m tonnes for the same period.
Exports for the week January 25 to February 1 were at 67,000 tonnes, down from 223,000 tonnes the week before.
* The consultancy also reported that grain exports from sea ports reached 1.14m tonnes for the week January 25 to February 1, almost unchanged from the one before.
Wheat exports for the week were at 201,000 tonnes and corn at 931,000 tonnes.
Grain exports have reached 35.5m tonnes so far for the season, up from 23.9m tonnes for the same period in 2018-19.
* India on Saturday announced an increase to the import tax on crude palm, pushing it up from 37.5% to 44%.
The increase is aimed at boosting local oilseed production.
* China’s Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs on Saturday reported an outbreak of H5N1 bird flu on a farm with 7,850 chickens.
Around 4,500 had already died from the disease.
The ministry said that 17,828 birds were culled following the outbreak.